For this window display, my class were assigned to do artist’s as the next topic for the windows. My group and I were inspired by Banksy and we decided to work with that. Banksy’s artwork is very interesting and very simple. His artwork is very precise and enthusiastic. My group and I combined two models to create one clean and fun window display. We were inspired by the street art of the robot since it was so simple but yet so much can be done and created with. The main focus of our window display was the robot and the man in the suit. Since our window was very simple, my group and I decided to add things and play around with the display to make it look as we wanted to. Some struggles that were faced were getting in the back walls in, they were too large so we had to cut them to make them fit into the window. Also, the positioning of the robot was another struggle because it was hard to make him stand in a way that we wanted to. Some successes were getting the overall window done in time, getting the floor done and painting the side and back walls.
For this upcoming window display, the entire class was assign to do artist. My group and I chose to create a window based on Banksy’s art work. Since his artwork is very simple, we decided to also have a simple display but make it as precise and well design as possible. We wanted to do a brick background to replicate the design of having it as “outside”. Also, for the floor we decided to have it just plain black. For the mannequin we’re going to do a silhouette. We are going to use a clear umbrella so everyone can see the spray paint on it. Also, the robot will be made out of cardboard boxes and we will use empty spray paint bottles for the robot to hold. Lastly, we will also include the colorful raindrops but only from one side so its not too cluttered in the window.
For this window, we were assigned to do a celebrity window display. It was all about important people that inspired us and that impacted us today. For this window, my group and I had a visualization of Beyonce being the center of attention since it is a window about her. We decided to place her in the middle and have her dancers posing in different poses next to her. Since it was a holiday window display, we wanted to include some holiday inspiration so everyones groups also had three gift boxes somewhere included in the windows. For the background, we did a beehive and yellow background. For the floor we just had a plain yellow floor. We wanted the Beyonce mannequin to stand out since her outfit was all black so we just went with a simple yellow floor. Materials that we used were: foam core, mannequin, clothes for mannequin, t-pins, t-square, ruler, blade, boxes and etc. Lastly, we had a boarder around the window and included all of Beyonce’s album covers.
For this window display, my group was inspired by the halloween movie “Carrie”. We decided to recreate a movie scene from “Carrie” and we chose to do the prom scene, especially since it goes well with the whole idea of this year as well. Overall, I think my group and I did a nice job at completing this task. There was many challenges within this project and also some successes as well. Some challenges that we faced throughout this task was creating the floor. It was challenging because we constantly had to make more and also the wood panels were coming off which made it more time consuming. Another thing that was challenging for us was the background because we had to paint all of the sides and make it look as realistic as possible. Finding the correct paint to use for the blood was challenging too because we tired making our own blood but it did not work out and it just took away more time for my group. Further, some successes that we had were finding the dress for the mannequin, hanging the disco ball, hanging and making the banner, placing the mannequin, placing the flowers in the mannequins hand and also putting in the floor and background.
Materials that we used for this project were:
- wood panels
- fake blood
- disco ball
- fake flower
Overall this was a stressful project but it came out to a good success. Next time, I think that me and my group should have a better communication and have a better plan on what we’re planning to do.
For my window display, I was inspired by a halloween movie “Trick ‘r Treat”. I decided to do this movie because I wanted to have a simple halloween movie theme without any horror or blood so I went with this idea. I was also inspired by the scene in the bedroom, so I wanted to recreate it and turn it into my own. For this window, I would have used the following materials; for the bed I would use foamcore. As for in making the jack a lanterns, I would get plastic pumpkins and put lights in it to make it stand out and make it look as realistic as possible. Furthermore, as for the floor I would just make it a simple black color, add windows on the walls and have plastic spiders as well as spiderwebs.